In summer (200 sunny days per year !!!) the region Kreischberg/Murau is perfect for hiking, swimming, fishing, horse riding, golf, inline skating, tennis and biking (the house is situated right at the "Murtal Bikeway") and many other activities.
- Public swimming pool in St. Lorenzen (1 km)
- Tennis courts in St. Lorenzen (1 km)
- Golf court (2 km)
- Horse riding at Olachgut (3 km)
- Rafting at Murtalerhof (9 km)
- Bathing Lake in Stadl/Mur (9 km)
- Summer toboggan runs (two within 25 km, another one at Turracher Höhe 35 km)
A ride with the historic steam engined Murtalbahn is a great experience for the whole family.
The “Benediktiner” monastery in St. Lambrecht and the Woodmuseum in St. Ruprecht are also worth to be visited.
A day trip to "Klagenfurt" (90 km), to "Graz" (140 km), to "Salzburg" (150 km) or to the lakes in Carinthia (approx. 100 km) is also a great experience.
Or you just enjoy the nature and delicious Styrian kitchen!